Cannabis Testing and toxicity measurements
Many countries and their governments are formulating new regulations and mandatory quality and inspection requirements for growers, manufacturers, suppliers, pharmacists, clinical trials, doctors and testing laboratories. This legalisation is very much dependent upon the services of government and private testing laboratories.
Cannabis is comprised of thousands different chemical compounds with each compound exhibiting different biological and psychological properties. Thus each strain or species requires a complete analytical breakdown to determine its toxic or potency levels and characteristics.
Commercial products are sometimes referred to as CBD.
What is CBD? It is Cannabidiol, a phytocannabinoid found in agricultural hemp and is capable of affecting nearly every biological process; used mainly to relieve pain. CBD is non-intoxicating provided that its THC levels are well below 0.1%.
Hemp, is similar to Marijuana as it comes from the same species of plants. However Marijuana has higher levels of THC which causes the hallucinogenic properties and is highly toxic.
We test all parts of the plant and also its FECO, resins/gums and isolates.
We provide a wide range of laboratory testing services for Cannabis and CBD products:
The most common potency groups of compounds are CBD and THC. These are the primary laboratory tests required.These tests are usually done by either HPLC or GC techniques.
- Total CBD;
- Total THC;
Secondary laboratory testing of Cannabis products:
- Pathogenic Bacteria, Yeast and Mould Tests:
- Total Coliforms and E.coli; Salmonella spp., Bile tolerant Gram-negative bacteria
- Heavy Metals:
- Tested by ICP-OES for Cadmium, Arsenic, Mercury, Lead
- Residual solvents:
- Alcohols, acetone, benzene, butane, propane, etc. Detected by GC procedures.
- These are volatile organic compounds that exhibit the scent and flavours of cannabis. Profiling these groups are critical regulatory requirements.
- Aflatoxins B & G, Ochratoxin A
- Microphotography of plant nodes and cannabis isolates;
- Laboratory Tested Label Endorsement of products
View these links for more interesting information:
For other Microbiology and Bacteriology Testing Laboratories in South Africa:
Check out Bio-Science Technologies (Pty) Ltd
Visit us at our website!