A South African Testing Laboratory
We are proudly one of the very few solely independent South African companies still in business since 1989.
Please support us! We are small but we have a big heart and are a SANAS accredited ISO/IEC 17025 Testing Laboratory.
Our modern laboratories are continuously being updated and expanded with a wider range of apparatus and electronic instrumentation.
We provide a wide range of laboratory and scientific services:
- Chemical Tests;
- Microbiology Tests;
- Test method investigations;
- Training in basic chemistry and laboratory techniques;
- Biotechnology investigations;
- Manufacture and supply of laboratory solutions and reagents;
- Chemical and nutritional analyses of foodstuffs;
- Analysis of fertilizers and animal feed stocks;
- Evaluation of trade effluents;
- Chemical and bacterial quality of waters, including marine ballast water;
- Chemical and bacterial quality of commodities;
- Grading quality of agricultural commodities;
- Chemical and bacterial quality of bunkers and other petroleum products;
- Laboratory Tested endorsement of products
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS OF CHEM-SCIENCE LABORATORIES (PTY) LTD
REPORTS AND ALL CERTIFICATES ARE ISSUED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Reports are issued free of any alterations or additions. Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd does not accept any liability whatsoever for the tampering or any unlawful alteration of documents sent via any electronic transmission media.
- Reports/certificates or any attachments shall NOT be reproduced, except IN FULL, without the prior written consent of Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd; photocopies of originals are not valid. Fax transmission or e-mail of reports/certificates or any attachments serve for information purposes only and are not considered as the original documents.
- Reports relate ONLY to the samples tested and are issued in good faith.
- Tests marked with an asterisk (*) in reports, are not included in the SANAS Accreditation Schedule for Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd. Any opinions and interpretations expressed in the reports are outside the scope of SANAS accreditation.
- Our estimated precision in reports is taken to be our estimated Uncertainty of Measurement at the 95% confidence level.
- Tests outsourced are clearly identified as outsourced in reports and will only be outsourced with the written approval of the client/customer. Services are only outsourced to competent organisations as approved by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd.
- Whilst every reasonable care is taken to ensure that the reports are accurate in figures and statistics quoted in it, and in the conclusions and opinions drawn from the results of these tests or investigations, Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd do not accept responsibility for any matters arising or consequences from the further use of these reports and/or certificates by third parties.
- Whilst every effort is taken by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd and its employees to ensure that results/reports are timelessly presented to clients, Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd does not guarantee turnaround times nor is it responsible for any late delivery of services/goods because of circumstances beyond its control.
- The total liability of Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd or its employees or agents is limited to three (3) times the fees payable by the client for the services rendered in relation thereto.
- Any possible infringement of any patent rights of formulations or processes or any other intellectual property rights is the sole responsibility and liability of the client/customer.
- If Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd or its employees or agents are required to give expert evidence in any litigation arising from the reports, then the client will be charged for such services at the prevailing rate of Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd.
- All services rendered by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd are treated as strictly confidential.
- All quotes given are valid for 30 days only, unless otherwise stated.
- Any non-perishable samples which remain after testing, will be retained for a period of THREE MONTHS only, and any documents arising from the service rendered will be retained for a period of THREE (3) years.
- Payment is to be made free of deduction and on demand on presentation of invoice. Interest will accrue on all amounts outstanding at the rate of TWO (2) % per month. No other terms of payment are acceptable unless mutually agreed to in writing by both parties.
- Services rendered to non- South African clients and in respect of work done outside of South Africa will be paid in US Dollar or any other currency requested by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd.
- Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd does not accept any risk whatsoever for payment by clients/customers of cheques lost in the post.
- A legal contract between the customer/client and Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd will be deemed to have been constituted upon the receipt of goods/services/reports, unless notice of intention or complaint has been received by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd within 10 business days of receipt of such goods/services/reports.
- In the event of that, if any, of these terms or conditions are found to be invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable, such terms will be severable from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Any legal costs incurred by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd in enforcing any aspect of this agreement including legal or attorney fees will be on own client basis, and will be payable by the customer/client on demand.
- All matters arising out of contracts entered into or services rendered by Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd, will be governed by the Laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Amended: March 2015
All sales and services of Chem-Science laboratories (Pty Ltd are made subject to the above Terms of Business, which shall be applied in the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions set forth in any document issued by the Buyer, Client or Customer.
Any provisions contained in any document issued by the Buyer, Client or Customer are expressly rejected. Chem-Science Laboratories (Pty) Ltd failure to object to terms contained in any subsequent communication or document from Buyer, Client or Customer will not be a waiver or modification of these Terms and Conditions of Business.
For other Microbiology and Bacteriology Testing Laboratories in South Africa:
Check out Bio-Science Technologies (Pty) Ltd
Visit us at our website!
Don't forget, we now also offer microphotography facilities at very reasonable costs!
Help us to improve, please take our survey and win a gift!